You may know that Ebay sellers get discounted rates using Paypal to purchase USPS postage for packages they mail to customers. But did you know that anyone with a Paypal account can also save money on USPS shipping by using Paypal to purchase postage for any packages that they mail?
I used to think I was smart to use the USPS website to purchase postage for packages I would mail to family and friends: I saved a slight amount on cost and I didn’t have to stand in line at the post office.
Then a friend told me that they used Paypal to purchase postage for non-Ebay packages. And they got the same discounted rates on shipping that Ebay sellers did. And those savings, especially on first class and priority mail packages, can be more than 20 percent!
How To Get Discounted USPS Rates
It’s easy to get the discounted USPS rates for yourself. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Paypal through this link.
- Log into Paypal when the log in screen appears.
- A “Create Shipping Label” page will appear with your address as the shipping address and a blank “Ship to address” page for you to fill in the name and address you want to ship your package to. (Note: There’s a line for the recipient’s email address, but it’s not required for you to fill it in. You can leave it blank.)
- After entering the ship to information, a “Create Shipping Label” page will appear. Fill in the shipping information for your package, including the shipping method, package dimensions and weight. Then click on the “Calculate Shipping Cost” button.
- A page with the shipping information will appear. On the right will be the shipping cost and payment method. (You can change the payment method.)
- To purchase, click on the “Confirm and Pay” button.
- Your shipping label will appear. Print the label out, attach it to your package, and your package is ready to go to the post office.
Now you can get those Paypal discounted USPS shipping rates!